Enough is enough Discussion / Venting
Gamefreak is running this franchise to the ground and I've had enough. I'm tired of watching this company fumble with every new release knowing that nothing will change.
- You can't even enter buildings anymore! Shops are just menus and In a franchise all about exploration, you can't actually explore! Why is it that a 2D sprite game on the DS (Platinum) offers a more lively world than a modern-day Switch title?
- The game is somehow easier than SwSh with no set battle option. A friendly reminder that difficulty options are an industry standard for the JRPG genre. Offering an option to switch difficulties is not a big ask. And don't give me that "It's a game for kids!" crap because we all know Pokemon isn't just for kids anymore. It is literally a multi-generational franchise with people who've hung around since gen 1. Mario Odyssey has more challenges.
- The lack of customization is frankly disgusting. It made sense for the earlier games as there wasn't enough space for multiple avatars and outfits. But, again, in the modern era, we find a game with no customization when its 3DS predecessors introduced the concept. Again, the Pokemon franchise has a wide reach across generations, genders, and races/nationalities. Why hasn't there been a character customizer at this point?
- Gyms are no longer gyms. They're just boring outdoor stages. Because why bother making new buildings and puzzles for the player to solve?
- Still no voices for the characters. Hell, BoTW and Odyssey had little sound clips to accompany text. It wasn't bizarrely silent while an animated character moves their mouth!
I'm just so goddamn tired of this company's bullshit. If they actually put love, care, and TIME they'd be raking in the dough. But, no, they'd rather abuse their cash cow. But eventually, if they keep mistreating her, she's gonna finally keel over and die.
Edit: Holy crap! I was NOT expecting this much action on my grumpy, late night rant post! Thank you everyone for the awards, your votes, and for commenting. Even if you disagree with me, I appreciate your time.
Also, because I keep getting comments about it: I did not buy this game. I never preorder games because I’m a broke bitch who needs to wait for sales.
Edit Edit: I've learned I was 100% wrong on the character customization point, so I crossed it out. My bad. I do still wish we could add expressions to our avatars and accessories to our uniforms.